Published by Penguin Genres: Children's Books
“Dragons love tacos. They love chicken tacos, beef tacos, great big tacos, and teeny tiny tacos. So if you want to lure a bunch of dragons to your party, you should definitely serve tacos. Buckets and buckets of tacos. Unfortunately, where there are tacos, there is also salsa. And if a dragon accidentally eats spicy salsa… Oh, boy. You’re in red-hot trouble.”
Who ever knew Dragons loved tacos so much? Clearly the authors of this hilarious and entertaining book do. They share their expertise on throwing the best taco party on the block and what dragons will expect. Most importantly, they tell us that dragons do NOT like spicy salsa. In fact, there will be all sorts of trouble if a dragon eats spicy salsa. So make sure to hide it, better yet bury it if you can.
This entertaining and fun story is filled with dragons of all kinds, the vivid and bold illustrations are sure to grab your attention. Readers will find something new and unexpected happening on every page, so even the shortest of attention spans can be remain engaged. Young readers will delight in the silliness and be inspired to throw their own Dragon taco party.
If you love dragons, tacos, and parties, you need to read this book! Just make sure to keep the spicy salsa hidden…in case any dragons drop by.
Are you ready to make your own delicious tacos? Try out my yummy and healthy recipe (little dragons and big dragons alike will love it!)
Sticky and Sweet Lime and Honey Chicken Tacos
Sweet and Sticky Lime Chicken Thighs – An easy and quick one skillet meal including sticky, tender and delicious chicken thighs rubbed with a homemade spice rub and brushed with an amazingly sweet lime honey sauce.
FOR THE SPICE RUB
- 1 teaspoons, or to taste, paprika (optional)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
FOR THE HONEY SAUCE
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ of a Fresh squeeze lime
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 1 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- green onions, for garnish
- Whole wheat soft tortillas (medium size)
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- green onions
- grated lime rind (for a citrus kick/garnish)
- shredded lettuce for topping
- sour cream (to drizzle on top of lettuce)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Place skillet or grill pan over medium high heat with olive oil.
- Combine the spice rub ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined Rub the chicken with the prepared spice rub and toss to coat (if you like you can let this marinate for a few hours before you cook it).
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Prepare the honey sauce by combining honey and apple cider vinegar and lime juice; stir until well incorporated.
- Remove chicken from heat and pour honey sauce over the chicken thighs, turning to coat.
- Bake in over for 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let stand couple minutes.
- Cut chicken into slices
- Place whole wheat soft tortilla on plate, place chicken on the tortilla and garnish with green onions, shredded lettuce and a drizzle of sour cream (you can also top off with your favorite salsa).
- Serve and ENJOY!
About The Authors:
Adam Rubin is the New York Times best-selling author of a half dozen critically-acclaimed picture books including Secret Pizza Party and Robo-Sauce. He spent ten years working as a creative director in the advertising industry before leaving his day job to write full time. Adam has a keen interest in improv comedy, camping and magic tricks.
Daniel Salmieri has illustrated many fantastic picture books, including the New York Times bestseller Robo-Sauce. He grew up in Brooklyn, New York, constantly drawing and painting images of ninja turtles, dinosaurs, and fighter jets (not in the same scene…), and graduated from the University of the Arts in Philadelphia. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Now, I’m not sure you’ve heard, but the tacos are becoming extinct! We need your help to save them (and to keep the dragons happy and the parties coming). We all must do our part to #SavetheTacos! You can help by pre-ordering Dragons Love Tacos 2: The Sequel.
To help us save the tacos, Penguin Kids is sending everyone who pre-orders Dragons Love Tacos 2 a bumper sticker and entering them to win the Ultimate Taco Party gift basket!
And if that’s not enough, you can enter to win a Dragons Love Tacos Book and Toy Set!
April 3 – Pirates n’ Pixie Dust – Taco Scavenger Hunt
April 4 – Margie’s Must Reads – Review + Recipe
April 5 – A Story a Day – Review + Taco Craft
April 6 – The Book Shire
April 10 – Ali’s Book Nook – Review + Recipe
April 11 – Mundie Kids – Review + Taco Party Checklist
April 12 – The Children’s Book Review – When You Invite a Dragon to Dinner…
April 13 – Reading is Better with Cupcakes – A World Without Tacos?!
April 14 – My Bookbloom – Review + Taco Activity
April 17 – As They Grow Up – Review
April 18 – The Book Nut – Taco Soup Recipe
April 19 – YA Book Nerd – Missing Taco Hunt
April 20 – Inspiration Laboratories – Dragons Love Tacos Birthday Party
April 21 – In Wonderland – Review + Taco Salad Recipe
April 24 – A Homeschool Mom – Review + Chili Pepper Experiment
April 25 – The Plot Bunny – Review + Recipe
April 26 – No BS Book Reviews – Taco Craft
April 27 – My Little Poppies – Review
April 28 – Happily Ever Elephants – Review